Every September, the American Library Association (ALA) encourages everyone
to join their local library and explore all the great things their free membership offers.
Idina Menzel, Tony Award-winning performer, actress, singer-songwriter, and philanthropist — and her sister, Cara Mentzel, author and educator — are this year’s honorary chairs.
Enter the EPL Raffle for a chance to win one of these great prizes:
2 Lift Tickets to Bear Creek Mountain Resort
2 Guest Day Passes to Longwood Gardens
2 Guest Day Passes to the Crayola Experience
A $50 Barnes & Noble gift card
Earn raffle tickets toward your choice of prizes by completing activities from the list below from Sept. 1 –30. Tickets must be entered by 5 p.m. Friday, Sept. 30. Winners will be announced Monday, Oct. 3.
- Bring a friend to the library (no card needed) = 1 ticket to each person
- Attend a library event in September, including scavenger hunt (9/2) (no card needed) = 1 ticket
- Visit the library table at Macungie Farmer’s Market (9/1) or Emmaus Heritage Fest (9/17)
(no card needed) = 1 ticket
- Renew a current EPL or other LCLC (Lehigh Carbon Library Cooperative) card = 1 ticket
- Place an item on hold from any LCLC library and pick it up at EPL = 1 ticket
- Renew an expired card over 1 year = 2 tickets
- Renew an expired card over 3 years = 3 tickets
- Sign up for a new library card online or in person = 5 tickets
Enter ALA’s #GetLibraryCarded contest also for a chance to win a $100 VISA gift card:
Share a photo of yourself with your library card and post it to Instagram or Twitter
using the hashtag #GetLibraryCarded for the chance to win!
Entries can also be submitted by posting a comment or wall post on the I Love Libraries Facebook page. Be sure not to reveal any personal information on your library card and don’t forget to tag your library!
The creator of one randomly-selected post will receive a $100 Visa gift card and a poster of their choice from ALA Graphics. Three second-place winners will receive their poster of choice from ALA Graphics.
Contest begins Thursday, Sept. 1, at noon CT and ends Friday, Sept. 23, at noon CT, and is open to residents of the United States, Washington, D.C., and U.S. Territories.
Visit https://ilovelibraries.org for official contest rules.