Events, Library Closings, and More
CALENDAR AT A GLANCE
Click on the calendar to enlarge and print.
Click on the calendar to enlarge and print.
Children's activities require registration in advance. Phone 610-965-9284 or email the library for more information or to register. Click item below for more details.
- Books and Barks - TThe Emmaus Public Library is excited to team up with volunteers from Lehigh Valley Therapy Dogs to launch a new summer program, Books and Barks! Elementary-age children are invited to read aloud to a four-legged, furry canine friend, brushing up on their reading skills in a fun and relaxed atmosphere. Sessions are scheduled for four Thursday evenings in July – July 10, 17, 24, and 31 – from 6:30 to 7:45 pm. Bring your favorite books from home, or choose from selections at the library. Click link above for more details!
- Block Party - Thursday July 10, Thursday July 24, Thursday August 7, 11:15 – Noon. Play and build with the set of large wooden blocks. For another interesting building project, use the smaller colored blocks and the animals. Creative fun! Click link above for more details!
- Creativity Camp - Two Sessions: Ages 5-9 Aug. 13 & 14 12:30-2:30 $40. Grades 4-12 Aug.11-14 3-5pm $75. info: Held at the Emmaus Public Liabrary community room. In each of these classes, focus is on learning and improving drawing and painting skills. Price includes all supplies Class is taught by two teachers; Sue Highet, who has been teaching in East Penn for over 15 years and Jessi Highet, a graduate of Parsons, working in NYC in the art world and teaching around Brooklyn, including a few classes at Pratt. This will be the fourth year Sue and Jessi are teaching this summer class. Click link above for more details!
- DaVinci Center - SCIENCE MAGIC Join the Da Vinci Science Center to explore Science Magic! JULY 8 @ 7 p.m. EMMAUS PUBLIC LIBRARY If you’ve ever wanted to yank the tablecloth out from under dishes or make a ball float in the air, this is your chance to try! Click link above for more details!
- Drop In Story Times - For children aged 3 – 5. Join us for a story, perhaps a craft, a song or a finger play. These events will be held on Thursdays at 10:30 AM for 30 or 40 minutes on the following dates: June 26, July 3, July 10, July 17, July 24, July 31 and August 7. No registration is necessary, just drop in! Click link above for more details!
- Family Fun Nights - At 7pm at the Library - Tuesday July 8 Da Vinci Center at the Library, Tuesday July 15 Chemical Reactions! – Fun, Simple Experiments, Tuesday July 22 Hydrology - Water Fun!, Tuesday August 5 Dynamite Dinosaurs, Tuesday August 12 Mad Science presents! Click link above for more details!
- Literary Lunch - The first 12 middle schoolers to register for each discussion will receive a copy of the book which is theirs to keep. Read the book before the discussion. On the day of the discussion, bring lunch and the book with you. The library furnishes lemonade and dessert! Registration begins May 1st. For students entering grades 6, 7, and 8 in the fall of 2014. Click link above for more details!
- Literary Lunch, Jr. - SUMMER 2014, NOON -1PM - Tear into some seriously good reads and then come talk about them with other book lovers! Read the book and then bring your lunch to the library to tell us what you thought. The library furnishes lemonade and dessert. The first 12 registrants receive a free copy of the book. Registration begins May 1. For students entering grades 4 and 5 in the fall of 2014. Click link above for more details!
- Spin, Pop, Boom - August 12, 1024, 7PM - Mad Science of the Lehigh Valley presents our summer reading finale, Spin, Pop, Boom! A Mad Scientist will defy gravity, create an extra hand to assist with the program and perform other fantastic science experiments! Click link above for more details!
- Teen Read - SUMMER 2014, 7-8 PM Escape the heat and come chat about some great summer reads! The first 12 teens to register for each discussion get a free copy of the book. Come and bring a friend! EPL provides dessert and lemonade! Registration begins May 1st. For students entering grades 9, 10, 11 and 12 in the fall of 2014. Click link above for more details!
Watch here for more updates!
- LIBRARY HOURS:
- Effective January 1, 2010
- Monday-Thursday 10am to 9pm
- Friday - Closed
- Saturday 10am to 5pm
- Phone: 610-965-9284
- TELEPHONE RENEWALS: 610-965-2272