Events, Library Closings, and More
CALENDAR AT A GLANCE
Click on the calendar to enlarge and print.
Click on the calendar to enlarge and print.
Children's activities require registration in advance. Phone 610-965-9284 or email the library for more information or to register. Click item below for more details.
- Author Visit - Susan Stockdale - Susan Stockdale will visit the Emmaus Public Library as part of a very special reading event on April 3, 2014 at 2:00PM. The featured story read by Stockdale will be Stripes of All Types, written and illustrated by Susan Stockdale. Click link above for more details!
- Get A Clue...About Your Ancestors - An introduction to genealogical searching - Wednesday September 23, 2014 7:00 – 8:30 PM At the Emmaus Public Library, 11 East Main Street, Emmaus, PA There are many ways to start a search for your ancestors and long-lost relatives. The internet can help, as can some of the many books published each year with tips on genealogical research. This session will be a very brief introduction to the many resources for this kind of research. Attendees will receive handouts of websites and print sources. Ancestry.com will be explored. Keep in mind that searching the web for this information changes as the sites change often. Click link above for more details!
- Literary Lunch - The first 12 middle schoolers to register for each discussion will receive a copy of the book which is theirs to keep. Read the book before the discussion. On the day of the discussion, bring lunch and the book with you. The library furnishes lemonade and dessert! Registration begins May 1st. For students entering grades 6, 7, and 8 in the fall of 2014. Click link above for more details!
- Literary Lunch, Jr. - SUMMER 2014, NOON -1PM - Tear into some seriously good reads and then come talk about them with other book lovers! Read the book and then bring your lunch to the library to tell us what you thought. The library furnishes lemonade and dessert. The first 12 registrants receive a free copy of the book. Registration begins May 1. For students entering grades 4 and 5 in the fall of 2014. Click link above for more details!
- Meet the e-Readers - Meet the e-Readers, Wednesday June 4, 2014, 1 – 8 pm Did you receive an e-reader – Kindle, Nook, iPad, or other device as a holiday gift? Come to the library on Wednesday January 22, 2014 from 1 – 8 pm. Library staff will be ready to help you use the various devices and help you download ebooks and eaudiobooks from the CLDL Overdrive library and OneClickdigital. Click link above for more details!
- Playing with Poetry - April 22 from 6-7pm - Sign up at the front desk or by calling the library. Grades 4 and up. Come to the library and explore the world of poetry! Write your own. Find out what spoken word poetry is. Play with magnetic poetry. Eat snacks to sustain creativity. Click link above for more details!
- Stars Story Times - Register now for this story time for those three and four years old by September 12, 2013. Children are encouraged to remain seated alone, but adults may attend if they sit quietly in the back of the room. Volunteer readers will introduce various themes and styles of story telling. Please register at the front desk or by telephoning 610-965-9284. Registration begins Monday, September 9, 2013. Click link above for more details!
- Suns Story Time - Suns story times are held on Thursday mornings from 10:30 – 11:00 AM at the Emmaus Public Library on the dates listed below. THOSE WHO ATTEND SUNS STORY TIME MUST BE TWO YEARS OLD ON OR BEFORE SEPTEMBER 12, 2013, the school district cut-off date. The children must be accompanied by an adult for the duration of the program. Other siblings may attend this program with their parents, but activities (picture books, songs, rhymes, etc.) are intended for this age group. Please register at the front desk or by telephone at 610-965-9284 to attend any or all sessions. Registration begins Monday, September 9. Click link above for more details!
- Teen Read - SUMMER 2014, 7-8 PM Escape the heat and come chat about some great summer reads! The first 12 teens to register for each discussion get a free copy of the book. Come and bring a friend! EPL provides dessert and lemonade! Registration begins May 1st. For students entering grades 9, 10, 11 and 12 in the fall of 2014. Click link above for more details!
- Twilight Readers - Students in grades K and 1 are invited to join Twilight Readers from 6:30—7:30 PM on Thursday evenings at the Emmaus Public Library. This is your chance to explore new books and old favorites, learn songs, make crafts, and play games. There will be two sessions of Twilight Readers. The first session begins in January, 2014, on the dates listed below: January 16 - Music February 6 - Wild West January 23 - Winter Wonderland February 13 - Valentine’s Day January 30 - Authors & Illustrators Day February 20 - Magic The second session of Twilight Readers begins the second week of March, 2014, on the dates below: March 13 - St. Patrick’s Day April 3 - Fairy Tales March 20 - Incredible Kid Day April 10 - Spring March 27 - Pets April 24 - Dragons. Click link above for more details!
Watch here for more updates!
- LIBRARY HOURS:
- Effective January 1, 2010
- Monday-Thursday 10am to 9pm
- Friday - Closed
- Saturday 10am to 5pm
- Phone: 610-965-9284
- TELEPHONE RENEWALS: 610-965-2272
- Literary Lunch
- Literary Lunch, Jr.
- Playing with Poetry
- Stars Story Times
- Suns Story Time
- Teen Read
- Twilight Readers
- CLOSED - Every Friday
- INCLEMENT WEATHER CLOSINGS