Events, Library Closings, and More
CALENDAR AT A GLANCE
Click on the calendar to enlarge and print.
Click on the calendar to enlarge and print.
Children's activities require registration in advance. Phone 610-965-9284 or email the library for more information or to register. Click item below for more details.
- Author Visit - Susan Stockdale - Susan Stockdale will visit the Emmaus Public Library as part of a very special reading event on April 3, 2014 at 2:00PM. The featured story read by Stockdale will be Stripes of All Types, written and illustrated by Susan Stockdale. Click link above for more details!
- Block Party - A the Emmaus Public Library on Saturday, March 8, 2014 at 1:30 to 3:00 PM and Wednesday, March 19 11:15AM to Noon. An educational and fun activity for preschoolers and their families. Build with the wooden blocks, use the other accessories to enhance your building. Share ideas with others in the group. Click link above for more details!
- Get A Clue...About Your Ancestors - An introduction to genealogical searching - Wednesday September 23, 2014 7:00 – 8:30 PM At the Emmaus Public Library, 11 East Main Street, Emmaus, PA There are many ways to start a search for your ancestors and long-lost relatives. The internet can help, as can some of the many books published each year with tips on genealogical research. This session will be a very brief introduction to the many resources for this kind of research. Attendees will receive handouts of websites and print sources. Ancestry.com will be explored. Keep in mind that searching the web for this information changes as the sites change often. Click link above for more details!
- Legos at the Library - From 2 – 4 pm on March 16, 2014. Bring your favorite Legos to the library and build with them in the lecture room with other Lego fans. If you are under 8 years old, bring a grownup with you. Talk to other Lego fans. See what they have built. (In case of inclement weather, please phone the library 610-965-9284 to make sure we are open.) Click link above for more details!
- Literary Lunch - For middle Schoolers. The first 15 registrants for each discussion receive a free copy of the book at the front desk. Read the book. Bring it and your lunch to the library on the discussion date at noon. The library will furnish dessert and lemonade. Register for as many discussions as you like. Click link above for more details!
- Literary Lunch, Jr. - For grades 4 -5. Receive your copy of the book when you register at the front desk or pick it up if you register by telephone. Read it ahead of time. On the discussion date, bring the book and your lunch to the Gardner Room for a discussion. The library furnishes lemonade and dessert. Click link above for more details!
- Meet the e-Readers - Meet the e-Readers, Wednesday June 4, 2014, 1 – 8 pm Did you receive an e-reader – Kindle, Nook, iPad, or other device as a holiday gift? Come to the library on Wednesday January 22, 2014 from 1 – 8 pm. Library staff will be ready to help you use the various devices and help you download ebooks and eaudiobooks from the CLDL Overdrive library and OneClickdigital. Click link above for more details!
- Stars Story Times - Register now for this story time for those three and four years old by September 12, 2013. Children are encouraged to remain seated alone, but adults may attend if they sit quietly in the back of the room. Volunteer readers will introduce various themes and styles of story telling. Please register at the front desk or by telephoning 610-965-9284. Registration begins Monday, September 9, 2013. Click link above for more details!
- Suns Story Time - Suns story times are held on Thursday mornings from 10:30 – 11:00 AM at the Emmaus Public Library on the dates listed below. THOSE WHO ATTEND SUNS STORY TIME MUST BE TWO YEARS OLD ON OR BEFORE SEPTEMBER 12, 2013, the school district cut-off date. The children must be accompanied by an adult for the duration of the program. Other siblings may attend this program with their parents, but activities (picture books, songs, rhymes, etc.) are intended for this age group. Please register at the front desk or by telephone at 610-965-9284 to attend any or all sessions. Registration begins Monday, September 9. Click link above for more details!
- Teen Read - For High Schoolers. How about reading for fun, maybe over Christmas break? And you can tell the person who chose it what you really think of the book! At the library on a Wednesday evening from 7 – 8 or so. And the book is free to the first 10 students who sign up? Click link above for more details!
- Twilight Readers - Students in grades K and 1 are invited to join Twilight Readers from 6:30—7:30 PM on Thursday evenings at the Emmaus Public Library. This is your chance to explore new books and old favorites, learn songs, make crafts, and play games. There will be two sessions of Twilight Readers. The first session begins in January, 2014, on the dates listed below: January 16 - Music February 6 - Wild West January 23 - Winter Wonderland February 13 - Valentine’s Day January 30 - Authors & Illustrators Day February 20 - Magic The second session of Twilight Readers begins the second week of March, 2014, on the dates below: March 13 - St. Patrick’s Day April 3 - Fairy Tales March 20 - Incredible Kid Day April 10 - Spring March 27 - Pets April 24 - Dragons. Click link above for more details!
Watch here for more updates!
- LIBRARY HOURS:
- Effective January 1, 2010
- Monday-Thursday 10am to 9pm
- Friday - Closed
- Saturday 10am to 5pm
- Phone: 610-965-9284
- TELEPHONE RENEWALS: 610-965-2272
- Block Party
- Legos at the Library
- Literary Lunch
- Literary Lunch, Jr.
- Stars Story Times
- Suns Story Time
- Teen Read
- Twilight Readers
- CLOSED - Every Friday
- INCLEMENT WEATHER CLOSINGS